Above all, a Community-Supported Fishery (CSF) is local. A CSF is also the best tasting, local, sustainable, healthy fish from Cape Cod.
The Cape Cod Fish Share provides the freshest, purest, “greenest” seafood available, direct from Cape Cod’s local waters. The quality is head and shoulders above the rest, because it’s a CSF and we have set our standards so high.
FAQs about our program
What does it really mean to be sustainable?
Well, when it comes to fish, quite a bit, actually. A CSF helps support local fishermen, their families and our communities. And by purchasing fish obtained through sustainable fishing practices, the benefits to the consumers are many, including:
- “Top of the boat” catch
- Local processing, best-practice handling: Your fish is rushed to the local, HACCP certified processing plant. This plant is a state-of-the-art facility that is totally refrigerated. We not only comply with – but surpass – the U.S. Department of Commerce (USDC) Seafood Inspection standards.
- Variety: We offer many species of fish that you can’t get in the supermarket.
- Line-caught, locally-trawled fish, with no by catch and no waste: Fishermen practice sustainable fishing; even the left over is returned as bait.
- Sustainable, family-run business: The fish share is a family operation. The current generation is a father and son team who work diligently to benefit the fishery for the future. We strive to use eco-friendly partices and packing in every aspect of the business. We have grown and now have Fishing Vessels from Chatham, Provincetown, Hyannis, Martha’s Vineyard, New Bedford, Falmouth, Sandwich, Nantucket and Fairhaven.
- Convenience: Fish is filleted and skinned at the pier and a HACCP certified facility, completed cleaned and ready to prepare as desired.
- Traceability: The exact journey of your food is known, from the fishing vessel to the captain to the day and time it was caught and delivered to you.