Recipe from The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. Serves 4.
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1.5-2 lbs cod fillets, 1 inch thick and cut into 4 pieces
4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over low heat and add the garlic for one minute to soften, not brown.
- Remove pan from heat and add the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix to moisten the crumbs and seasonings.
- Dredge each fish fillet in the beaten egg first.
- Next, dredge each fish fillet into the crumb mixture.
- Place the coated fish fillets in an oiled roasting pan for the oven.
- Bake the fillets in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. The fish inside should be flaky. Use a fork to make sure the fish flakes and is done.
- Serve with lemon wedges.