Recipe adapted from SparkRecipes.com. Serves 4.
Suggested wine pairing from Bob Bacco of Bacco’s Wine & Cheese: Brokenwood Semillon (Australia)
1 cup cilantro leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 jalapeno, de-seeded
1/4 cup water
1 pink grapefuit
1 tsp cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup prepared salsa verde
1 lb. redfish (or any lean white fish fillet)
pinch white pepper
oil for brushing
- Preheat grill. Prepare cilantro sauce by placing the cilantro in a small food processor or blender. Add jalapeno and oil. Puree. Remove from blender and whisk in water; set aside.
- Segment the fruit over a bowl by taking off the rind and pith (white part) with a knife. Once all the white pith is removed, make V- shape strokes with a small knife in between each membrane to remove the fruit. Squeeze membrane segments to release any leftover juice.
- Place the fruit in a small sauce pan and warm. Once warm, toss in reserved teaspoon of chopped cilantro.
- Season fish with salt and white pepper and brush with oil. Place on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes; flip when edges start to turn opaque. Grill on other side for 2 minutes or until fish flakes and becomes firm.
- Place a serving of fruit salsa onto a plate. Top with 3 ounces of fish. Garnish with cilantro sauce and salsa verde.