Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis. Serves 4.
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp chopped pitted black olives
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
12 medium sea scallops
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
12 slices prosciutto
2 cups arugula
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes, basil, olives, and olive oil and process until finely chopped.
- Season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper. Rub each scallop with the tomato mixture.
- Fold each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise, then wrap each scallop in 1 slice of prosciutto. Place wrapped scallops in a buttered baking dish, seam side down.
- Bake until scallop is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the balsamic vinegar. Season the arugula with salt and pepper.
- Place the arugula on a serving platter or divide among individual dishes.
- Top with the scallops and serve immediately.